Everybody loves chili! This version is probably the best I have ever had and the quinoa makes to so super tasty and healthy too.
The perfect comfort food, super easy to make and if you leave the chili out and use a little cayenne pepper, your kids will happily eat two bowls of it.
If it gets to thick, you might want to add some more vegetable stock or water and the pomegranate syrup can be found at any Turkish or Mid Eastern store.
- 100g quinoa
- 350ml passata tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ a chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pomegranate syrup (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Rinse quinoa until water is clear.
- Step 2 In a medium pot fry onions until translucent and add garlic. Stir a few times add quinoa and spices.
- Step 3 Stir through a few times and pour in veggie stock, passata tomatoes and crushed tomatoes.
- Step 4 Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes and reduce heat to simmer.
- Step 5 Now add chili and kidney beans to the pot.
- Step 6 With a lid on cook for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Serve with parsley and plain yoghurt.