These cute little easter cupcakes are exactly what you need for your festive table. They are super moist, sweet and all the way vegan of course.
I wouldn’t leave them out too long, because the coco frosting might melt at some point if the temperatures are too high.
We have them in the fridge usually and take them out about 10 min before serving. If you leave the carrots out, you can add all kinds of flavors or fruits. The base is a really good one and I use it all the time for other muffin experiments.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 200g carrots
- 100g brown sugar
- 200g flour
- 100g ground almonds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp apple sauce, unsweetened
- 40g margarine
- 1 can of coconut milk (the solid part is used for the cream, the liquid for the muffin dough)
- 85g powdered sugar
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180C and peel shredd carrots.
- Step 2 2.Open the can of coconut milk and devide the thick, creamy part and the miquidy part of the milk.
- Step 3 Take two medium bowls, pour liquid part into one of them and thick part into the other one.
Now put the bowl with the thick coconut cream into the fridge and let cool.
- Step 4 In a small bowl add flax seed and water and let sit for 10-12 minutes until “egg“ consistency.
- Step 5 Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl together, melt margarine /vegan butter in a small sauce pan and add the melted butter to the bowl with the liquidy coconut milk. Add flax eggs and stir until combined.
- Step 6 Now add wet mixture to the bowl with the dry mixture and stir well until sticky dough forms.
- Step 7 Carefully fold in carrots and use some more butter to grease the uffin molds.
Fill each mold with 2-3 Tbsp of dough.
- Step 8 Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserts clean.
- Step 9 Meanwhile take the thick, creamy coconut milk out of the fridge and mix in powdered sugar. Stir well until lump free and creamy.
- Step 10 Once cupcakes are cooled down completely, pour coconut cream into an icing bag and decorate cupcakes.
- Step 11 Put back into the fridge and take out 10 minutes before eating.