Attention, Attention stop what you are doing and go to the store and buy whatever is needed to make this incredible curry. It is so good!
The curry flavors mixed with creamy peanut butter, hell yes! I am a huge curry lover anyway but this one is now my absolute favorite in the whole wide world. The moment I started my vegan diet, I started having curries and creating curry recipes. They are easy to make, everybody loves them and they are super healthy.
The health benefits of turmeric are pretty much endless and that is why I try to put as much turmeric into my meals, as possible. Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant, has been proven to fight cancer cells, helps you with joint pain and heartburn, is named as the most powerful anti-inflammatory natural medicine. I could go on and on and write probably a whole blog post about it.
I use it in curries, turmeric milk and sometimes even in sweets, so the kids get a good amount of it.
Crispy Potato & Peanut Butter Curry
- 750g peeled potatoes cut into small cubes
2 ½ Tbs peanut butter
200 ml tomato puree
1 can coconut milk
2 red bell pepper
300g cauliflower florets
2 medium onions, chopped into small pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
600ml vegetable stock
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
bunch of parsley
2Tbs olive oil
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200 C, put potatoes into a medium bowl and mix together with one Tsp olive oil. Optionally season with salt and pepper
- Step 2 Line baking tray with parchment paper and add potatoes on it. Put into the oven until potatoes are golden brown and crispy
- Step 3 Meanwhile heat up 1 Tsp olive oil and add spices, onions, garlic and veggies. Fry for 3-4 minutes and keep stirring so nothing gets burned
- Step 4 In a high-speed blender, blend together peanut butter, tomato puree, coconut milk and vegetable stock
- Step 5
Pour the coconut milk mixture into the pot with the veggies and cook on high heat for 10 minutes, then let simmer for another 20 minutes
- Step 6 Serve with crispy potatoes and parsley