Brownies have been one of my very favorite sweets since I was a kid. My dad, who was by the way American, used to make them every now and then and I always got super excited. Since I started my vegan diet, I probably tried 5-7 different brownie recipes and so far I can tell you, that this one has been the most incredible one. Chocolate and Espresso are just made for another and the blueberry cream cheese frosting kicks it totally off.
Raw vs. baked brownies?
I would definitely say that I prefer the baked version but that doesn’t mean I don’t like raw brownies. I do think they can be delicious just not as much as the baked vegan brownie recipes. If I would go for a raw version, it would be based on chickpeas I think. Have you ever tried raw brownies? How did you like them?
Chocolate-Espresso Brownies with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs instant espresso
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pureed ripe banana
- ½ cup plant milk
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Icing
- 200g vegan cream cheese
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180 C
- Step 2 In a bowl mix dry ingredients together
- Step 3 Add wet ingredients plus banana to a blender and blend until smooth
- Step 4 Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir well until lump free
- Step 5 Grease brownie tin with some coconut oil and pour mixture into it
- Step 6 Bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserts clean
- Step 7 Let cool for 30 minutes until covering with cream cheese
- Step 8 Blueberry Cream Cheese Icing
- Step 9 Add all ingredients to a bowl and make sure the cream cheese has room temperature
- Step 10
Mix with a hand mixer and mix until lump free and smooth
- Step 11
Pour over brownies and enjoy.