Tahini is one of my absolute favorite ingredients I use it almsot daily and I absolutely love pasta It was a matter of time for me to combine those two together and create somethng delicous.
Tahin or Tahini is a paste made of sesame seeds and you will find darker ones and lighter tahini pastes. The darker ones contain roasted sesame seeds and therefore taste a bit stronger.
I personally prefer the lighter ones but feel free to use the roasted tahini for this recipe as well.
You don’t have to complicate things when it comes to pasta in my opinion. A good pesto, a simple tahini sauce and you get some happy smiles back.
Please, feel free to add a little more of this or that in my recipes, to create your yummy version of it. I think we all have different tastes and while one loves it more garlicy, the other prefers to taste more lemon.
Golden Tahini Pasta
- 250g brown rice penne
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- juice of one lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp rice syrup (agave or maple works too)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil + 1 Tbsp
- salt to taste
- hand full fresh parsley
- Optional : 200g tempeh, fried in a pan until crispy
- Step 1Cook brown rice penne until al dente.
- Step 2In a small pan heat up 2 Tbsp olive oil and fry onions + garlic until translucent.
- Step 3Add all ingredients for the sauce (including the garlic and onions) except parsley, to a high speed blender and blent until creamy and smooth,
- Step 4Pour over pasta and garnish with (tempeh*) and parsley.