As much as I am in love with savory meals, sweet treats are a MUST HAVE every now and then.
Healthy, homemade bounty bars? I am still amazed by the feeling of eating something sweet guilt free. Handing those bars to my kids, knowing what is in there without any toxins and ingredients that I can’t even pronounce.
I find it hard to even find vegan products without refined sugar and it is always some kind of proud feeling to satisfy my family with something homemade and good tasting.
It is not a matter of time that is important for homemade food, it is all about organizing yourself and making appointments with yourself in the kitchen. That is at least how I do it.
So, no excuses you busy people out there. Go to your kitchen and make it the most fun appointment possible with good music and some happy dances here and there because food made out of love and fun, always tastes the best.
Healthy Bounty Bars
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 1 can coconut milk (only the thick, creamy part)
- 4 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 250g vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Step 1 In a food processor blend the descicated coconut for a few seconds, then add agave and coconut cream and blend until sticky.
- Step 2 Shape bounty bars with your hands and place them on a plate in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Step 3 Take out bounty bars and start melting chocolate with coconut oil.
- Step 4 Once it is all melted, put each bar into the chocolate, turn it around with two forks and make sure it is evenly covered with chocolate.
- Step 5 Put back on the plate and freeze for another 30 min.