These healthy brownies happen to be, vegan, moist, if prefered gluten free and refined sugar free. The y will catch your heart the second you take your first bite. They are my very first attempt of a healthier brownie version and I couldnt’t be happier with the result of these.
I noticed that baking gluten-free is a huge challenge or at least for me it is because it is so tricky to get things not fall apart. You probably know where I am coming from,right? Anywho, these are the best healthy brownies EVERRRRR! Get into your kitchen and try them out NOW! 🙂
In case you don’t have any vegan dark chocolate available, most of the dark chocolates are vegan but make sure it has around 75 % cocoa.
Best Healthy Brownie
- 120g oat flour (simply blend oats in a food processor)*
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g dark chocolate
- 80g coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp chia seeds + 4 Tbsp water)
- ½ tsp vanilla bean
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil + some for greasing the muffin tray
- 5 Tbsp apple sauce, unsweetened
- optional : 18-20 rasperries
- *or if prefered gluten-freeoats
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Step 2Blend oats to oat flour by using a food processor
- Step 3Pulse a few times so everything comes together, then grab a small bowl to make the chia egg, set aside.
- Step 4Melt chocolate together with coconut oil over boiling water until melted and mix together all wet ingredients plus the chia egg in another bowl.
- Step 5Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and blend for about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Step 6Grease muffin tray with coconut oil and pour about 1 ½ Tbsp of brownie batter into each hole.
- Step 7Optional : now carefully press 2-3 raspberries into each brownie and bake them for 20-25 minutes (you might want to cover the brownies with another sheet of parchment paper, to protect the raspberries from geting burned).
- Step 8When ready, take them put of the oven and let them cool down completely (yes, that step is important).