I had no idea how much of a soup and stew person I am until I started my Instagram account and shared my passion for food with the world.
While I am writing those lines I just had another amazing idea for a stew, wow!
Anyways, this soup is going to become your favorite or at least one of your favorites if you are into fruity, hot, semi sweet combinations. I love it but you better have a glass of water next to you. You could also leave the chili flakes out of a kid friendly version. I am sure it will still taste great.
For the coco drizzle on top you need to keep a few spoons of the thick part of the coconut milk with one spoon liquid.
Hot Carrot-Tangerine Soup
- 6-7 medium carrots, peeled and cut into coins
1 can coconut milk
350 ml vegetable stock
1 thumb size piece fresh ginger, grated
juice of 5-6 tangerines
5-6 shallots, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds
- pomegranate jewels
- sunflower seeds
- coconut drizzle
- Step 1 In a medium pot heat up olive oil an fry onions, garlic and carrots and add all spices including ginger
- Step 2
Fry until the onion is translucent and add vegetable stock, coconut milk ( if you want a splash of it on top, keep a few spoons in the can)and tangerine juice
- Step 3 Cook on high heat until carrots are soft and let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Step 4 Pour soup into blender and blend until smooth
- Step 5 Top with coconut milk, fresh parsley, pomegranate jewels, sesame or / and sunflower seeds