Hummus is my favorite dip / spread and I just love everything with hummus! I usually try to make a big batch once a week and store it up in the fridge.
As much as I love to experiment with spices, different flavors in general etc. hummus is one of the things, I love to keep original.
However, feel free to add veggies or other spices to it and figure out what you like best.
Some ideas would be : roasted carrot hummus, red bell pepper hummus, beet hummus, green pea hummus.
In case you find the consistancy too thick, add in 1- 2 Tbsp more water.
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 heaped Tbsp tahini (I prefer the light colored tahini, which has also a lighter color as the other one)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 50 ml ice cold water
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt to taste
- dash ground paprika or cayenne pepper for serving
- Step 1 Peel chickpeas and remove skin of each chickpea (it makes such a huge difference)
- Step 2 In the bowl of a food processor mix together lemon juice and tahini. Blend for 30 seconds and scrape down the sides, blend again for another few seconds.
- Step 3 Now add in garlic cumin and olive oil. Blend until creamy for about 1,5 minutes or until smooth.
- Step 4 Take half the chickpeas and blend until creamy before adding in the other half plus the ice cold water and salt.
- Step 5 Blend again until really smooth and creamy.