We all know that our daily life does not allow us to spend hours in the kitchen, especially not if we have hungry kids and a fulltime job.
Simple can be very comforting and I personally try to just pimp my simple lunches and dinners up a bit. So this is exactly what happened to these regular fries and mayo.
I wanted to surprise the family and try out something new. Since we all love it spicy, I knew this would be a winner and I was right. The spicy curry fries, vegan almond aioli and guacamole are the perfect combination and we all could not get enough.
Vegan Almond Aioli? Yes, please!
I was going to do a regular mayo when the amazing thought crossed my mind, that I do miss eating aioli with fried because I used to do that a lot before I started my vegan diet.
I had almonds at home, so it was clear to me I had to use these beaties as a base for it.
Cashews and Almonds are very much neutral nuts that do not have big flavors unless you roast them. That is why they are used in most vegan recipes. I highly recommend this aioli recipe and hope you enjoy it just as much.
Loaded Curry Fries with Almond Aioli and a creamy Avocado Dip
Ingredients Almond Aioli:
200g pre soaked almonds
200ml filtered water
3 Tbsp oilive oil
3 Tbsp soy yoghurt
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients Curry Fries:
500g potatoes, washed
2 Tbs nutritional yeast
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
Ingredients Avocado Dip:
2 Avocados, make sure they are ripe and soft
juice of one lime
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200C
- Step 2 In a zip bag or bowl add the spices for the fries and oil. Cut potatoes into fries and put them into the bag/bowl. Mix with your hands until all fries are covered and put them on the baking tray which is lined with parchment paper
- Step 3 Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Step 4 Meanwhile add all ingredients for the aioli to a blender and blend until creamy. If needed add more water
- Step 5 For the avcado dip, simply throw all ingredients into the food processor or if you like it more chunky, mash with fork
- Step 6 When fries are golden brown, remove from oven and pour avocado dip and aioli over the fries. Optional add tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley and cucumbers