Oh them sweet potatoes!!! I honestly think that adding maple and mustard makes them a lot more flavorful. The perfect breakfast or side dish. We eat them mostly as a side dish but you can absolutely make them your main with a nice dip.
If you would leave the mustard out, you could also serve them as a dessert?! Not sure about that haha, but why not? I mean they are a great alternative to chocolate and sure satisfy your sweet cravings.
Anyways, I love the mustard in there so I am going to keep them exactly that way. Yum!
Maple-Mustard Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes
- 100ml maple syrup
- 1,5 Tbsp seedy mustard
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- salt to season
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C.
- Step 2Peel and cut sweet potatoes into small cubes and add them to a big bowl.
- Step 3Now add all other ingredients to the sweet potato bowl and mix well until all potatoes are covered ( I usually o that with my hands and massage them but it will leave you with sticky fingers).
- Step 4Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread sweet potatoes evenly over it. Make sure you dont staple them and every potato cube has a tiny bit of space.
- Step 5Bake for 35-40 minutes until crispy and golden brown.