You guys know me by now, I am a fan of simplicity. This meal is made without any stress and an easy roast & throw it all together.
Peanut butter and chickpeas go so well together and is highly addictive if you ask me.
This recipe calls for sweet potatoes but you could eat those chickpeas with quinoa, millet, potatoes or whatever you want as well. You should definitely use either homemade or organic peanut butter just because the high amount of salt is not good for you and the less ingredients, the less processed foods, the better for you.
I used coconut oil to oven roast the chickpeas but olive oil works too.
Peanut Butter Chickpeas
- 2 glasses / cans chickpeas (cooked)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter, preferably unsalted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tamari (regular soy sauce works too)
- 10 Tbsp plant milk (almond, cashew or soy)
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Step 2 Remove chickpea water and add chickpeas to a large bowl.
- Step 3 Take a papertowl to remove a little more liquid off the chickpeas and add oil, paprika and salt.
- Step 4 Mix well together and throw chickpeas on the parchment paper lined baking tray. Roast for 15 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Step 5 Grab a sauce pan or small pot and add chickpeas and all other leftover ingredients. Use a spoon let it all come together and heat up on medium high heat for a minute.
- Step 6 Enjoy with sweet potatoes, quinoa, rice or eat straight from the pot (thats what we do most of the time because it is so delicious)