I have always been a huge fan of warm and comforting porridge and oats. I just love the feeling of something warm, creamy gets its way to the belly.
I also used to have gastritis a lot and warm oats are very great at covering the sore parts up in the stomach and it will hurt less.
Perfect Fall Breakfast
I am someone that pays a lot attention to the seasons. They are there for a reason and I really try to eat 95% seasonal. Apples taste amazing around fall and especially the oven baked apples in this recipe.
You can replace the blueberries with plums too, if you are more into the combination of apples and plums.
Im sure you like it either way. To me it is the perfect vegan breakfast.
Porridge topped with Cinnamon Apples, Blueberries and Granola
- 2 apple
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp agave or maple syrup
- 100g oats
- 80ml almond milk
- 10-12 blueberries
- optional granola
- Step 1preheat oven to 200°C
- Step 2 wash apples and cut them into small peaces
- Step 3 add apples, cinnamon and agave syrup to a bowl and mix well threw
- Step 4line baking tray with parchment paper and add apples to it
- Step 5 bake for 15-20 minutes, check from time to time to make sure nothing gets burned
- Step 6 meanwhile add oats and almond milk to a small sauce pen and bring to heat
- Step 7 once it is hot, take off the stove and lt sitt for 10-15 minutes
- Step 8 top with granola and cinnamon apples