These fries will make you and your loved ones addicted! They are so good and the perfect, simple food for lazy autumn days. The taste of cinnamon paired with that sweet mustard dip, really gets me dreaming.
I am a huge fries fan anyway. Carrot fries, sweet potato fries or just regular ones really make my tummy happy.
I just recently discovery how good pumpkin spiced with cinnamon tastes, it is nothing short but made for one another.
Pumpkin Fries with a Sweet Mustard Dip
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- sweet mustard dip:
- 120ml canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 80 ml cashew or almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200 Celsius.
- Step 2 Cut Hokkaido with skin, into fries. Add them to a bowl and mix with olive oil and spices.
- Step 3 Line baking tray with parchment paper and put fries on it. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Step 4 Mix all ingredients for the dip in an immersion blender cup and mix with immersion blender until it thickens and everything is smooth.
- Step 5 Note: it is important that the milk and oil have about the same temperature. I usually put the oil into the fridge for a bit.