The taste of chocolate, pistachios and raspberries sounds like a poem to me. I just love to combine chocolate with something fruity, because it gives the chocolate such a nice flavor. I usually add raspberry puree or pomegranate juice to my chocolate creations, give it a try and you will never go without it again.
These vegan brownies or to be correct raspberry-pistachio brownies are our family favorite and especially my son has a huge love for them (his sweet tooth is bigger than the Empire State Building)!!!
What I personally love the most about brownies, there are endless varieties of them. Chai brownies, fruity brownies, espresso brownies…just to name a few.
This version is honestly amazing and if you want to make a healthier version, feel free to use maple syrup instead of sugar for the brownies.
- 300g all purpose flour
- 250ml neutral tasting oil
- 350 ml plant milk
- 70g cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 200g brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 50g chopped pistachios
- some oil to grease muffin tray
- Raspberry Icing:
- 90g confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp raspberry puree
- juice of half a lemon
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180 Celsius and grease muffin tray with some oil.
- Step 2 Add all ingredients for the brownies to a food processor except pistachios and raspberries and bled until smooth.
- Step 3 Pour brownies mixture to a medium bowl and add raspberries and pistachios. Mix until just combined.
- Step 4 Pour mixture into muffin tray and use about 1 -1 ½ tbsp for each.
- Step 5 Bake for 20-25 min until toothpick inserts clean.
- Step 6 Meanwhile mix together ingredients for the icing and stir well until smooth. Chop pistachios for the topping.
- Step 7 Once the brownies are ready, take out the oven and let cool at least 30 min until topping with raspberry icing and pistachios.