The perfect way to enjoy your ripe fruits is to turn them into a delicious cake, right?
Ripe fruits are made for upside down cakes and since they contain so much natural sugars, you won’t need a whole lot of sweeteners. I used my 4 small baking dishes for this recipe but you can also use a medium baking dish of course.
I highly recommend ripe, seasonal fruits and for this recipe I used strawberries and peaches which is one of the most amazing combinations for me. But plums, apples, pears, cherries or any kind of berries would work wonderful too.
Ripe Fruit Upside Down Cakes
- For the dough:
- 150g all purpose flour
- 30g vegan butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 65ml plant milk
- 1 Tbsp soy yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup or agave
- pinch of salt
- For the fruit base:
- 300g ripe fruits
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190C.
- Step 2Mix together all ingredients for the fruit base and add the mixture to a small baking dish or four small dishes.
- Step 3For the dough mix together dry ingredients and then add all others. Let everything come together with a wooden spoon or spatula until a sticky dough firms.
- Step 4Add 2-3 Tbsp of dough to each baking dish and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Step 5Bake for 15-20 minutes or until dough is golden.