For all you hummus addicts out there, you need to try this one out! Roasted Pumpkin Hummus is about to become my favorite right after the original hummus recipe of course.
I use hummus on toast, in my pasta, as a dip and throw it pretty much on everything veggie. I love the creaminess, the simplicity and the taste of it. It is kind of funny that each one of us at home has a different hummus winner. For me it would be the original and pumpkin version, for my son it is red pepper hummus, for my boyfriend it is ginger-lemon hummus.
Enjoy this one loves! Everybody deserves some good hummus in their lives 🙂
Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
- 250g hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 50ml olive oil + 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- salt to season
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200C.
- Step 2 Cut pumpkin into small cubes and add them to a bowl together with cinnamon and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Step 3 Mix together with a spoon and put pumpkin pieces on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Step 4 Roast in the oven until soft and slightly brown (15-20 min)
- Step 5 Add all ingredients including the roasted pumpkin to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Step 6 If needed add 1-2 Tbsp water or olive oil,