In case you thought salads are boring, I am proving you wrong today. It is time to pimp up those salads with our favorite foods and for me it is avocado, sweet potatoes, sundried tomatoes and hemp seeds. It is always a wonderful trick to get more greens into your and your families tummies.
Feel free to use whatever salad you desire, in my case it was a wild herb salad mix I got from the market.
And that dressing makes everything taste good, trust me! I am a dressing person and those sweet potatoes go very well with the sundried tomatoes.(you want to get the ones in oil and not the dry ones.)
In case the dressing is too thick for your taste, give it 1-2 Tbsp more water.
Roasted Sweetpotatoes with sun-dried Tomato Dressing
- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 1,5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 400g salad
- 1 ripe avocado
- 180g sundried tomatoes in a glass with oil
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 2-3Tbsp Water
- ½ tsp paprika
- pinch of cinnamon
- salt to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 230 C and peel sweet potatoes.
- Step 2 Cut sweet potatoes into small squares and mix together oil, maple syrup and salt in a big bowl.
- Step 3 Coat sweet potatoes with the maple-oil mix by adding the sweet potato slices to the bowl and using a spoon to mix it all well together.
- Step 4 Line baking tray with parchment paper and spread sweet potatoes evenly. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Step 5 Meanwhile prepare sauce by adding all ingredients for the dressing to the high speed blender including the oil from the sundried tomatoes. Blend until smooth and add 1-2 Tbsp more water if needed.
- Step 6 Cut avocado into pieces, wash salad and dry it off with a paper towel.
- Step 7 In a bowl or on a plate bring together salad, avocado, sweet potato slices and top off with dressing.
- Step 8 Optional add hemp seeds, cashew parmesan or other seeds.