Porridge always brings back childhood memories to me. My dad, who was half English and half American showed us the world of comfort food pretty early and part of that was porridge with seasonal fruit compote and brown butter.
Porridge most of the time our second breakfast (we eat fruits before anything because it helps the digestive system to slowly wake up without stressing it).
My favorite porridge is made with almond milk, vanilla bean, fruit compote and almond butter. During the winter time I usually skip the vanilla for some cinnamon.
I recommend cashew milk or almond milk for porridge because the porridge just turns out a lot creamier compared to soy milk or rice milk.
What I love so much about porridge is that it is easy to make, you can make endless versions of it and you almost always have everything you need at home! As a busy mom that is something I do appreciate 🙂
Hope you enjoy the simplicity of this one!!
Simple Vegan Porridge
- 80g ground oats (oats blended until fine course in the food processor)
- 400ml almond or cashew milk
- ½ tsp vanilla bean
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Step 1Blend oats until fine coarse appears, meanwhile heat up almond milk in a small pot.
- Step 2Add ground oats and all other ingredients to the pot and cook on simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 3Then take off the stove and let sit for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4Enjoy with fruit compote or other delicious toppings.