This soup is full packed with great flavors and super comforting. Roasting veggies has become quite of an addiction for me so instead of just cooking those carrots, I wanted to get that oven baked flavor with them.
I used Harissa as a powder for those carrots but I am sure the paste will be just as fine. In case the soup gets too thick after blending it, you can add some more water or almond milk.
oven roasted harissa carrot - tahini soup
- For the Soup:
- 1kg carrots, sliced into cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp harissa powder or 1 tbsp Harissa paste
- 2 tbsp tahin
- 300 ml almond milk
- 800ml veggie stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- For the chickpeas:
- 1 glass or can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220 Celsius.
- Step 2Add carrot cubes to a bowl and mix together with 1 tbsp olive oil, harissa and salt.
- Step 3Line baking tray with parchment paper, place carrots on it and bake for 25-30 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Step 4In a medium pot heat up 1 tbsp olive oil and fry onions until translucent. Add garlic, carrots, tahin and tomato paste now and fry while stiring through for a a few seconds.
- Step 5Pour veggie stock and almond milk, stir for a minute and put lid on. Cook on medium high heat for 20 minutes.
- Step 6Meanwhile mix chickpeas with olive oil, paprika and salt in a bowl together and bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.
- Step 7Remove lid and use an immerson blender to blend the soup. You want all carrots to be pureed.
- Step 8If the soup is too thick you might want to add some more water.
- Step 9Top with a little more tahin, chickpeas and optional some chopped parsley.