This simple and delicious pasta recipe is a must try! I am so in love with the creaminess of the sauce, it is heavenly.
You can substitute the cashews with almonds and also throw other veggies in there, I am sure there are endless yummy possibilities with this sauce
spaghetti cashew tomato sauce
- 350g whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g ripe cherry tomatoes
- bunch of fresh herbs (I used basil, parsley and rosemary)
- 100 g cashews, presoaked in hot water for 30 min
- 150ml water
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- Step 1 Cook spaghetti.
- Step 2 Meanwhile drain and rinse cashews, add them to a high speed blender with 250ml water and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Step 3 Chop herbs and mince garlic.
- Step 4 In a medium sauce pan heat up olive oil, add garlic, herbs and tomatoes and fry for a few minutes while stirring through.
- Step 5 Fry on high heat for a few minutes and then reduce heat to medium high. Once the tomatoes get soft and break a little, add vegetable stock and cashew cream.
- Step 6 Season with salt and pepper and pour over cooked spaghetti. Voila!