Quinoa has been once of my favorites since I started my vegan journey. I mostly use it for salads or just as a side dish at times.
For this quinoa salad I basically just threw all my favorite foods in there. I am a huge sweet potato, mushroom and ripe, seasonal tomatoes fan, so I guess you can imagine how I feel about this wooonderful salad, right?
Avocado-Lime Dressing = Winner
This dressing is something I am honesly proud of. I find it quite hard to come up with a decent dressing and usually just use oil and vinegar for my salads. This avocado-lime dressing is so creamy, fruity and yummy that I could dip my veggies in there all day long. So good!
Sweet Potato & Mushroom Quinoa Salad with an Avocado-Lime Dressing
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 clove garlic
1 medium onion
hand full parsley
hand full chives
2 ripe, medium tomatoes
4 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs water
1 Tbs white wine vinegar
juice of one lime
salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1In a small sauce pan add quinoa with water and bring to a boil. Once it is cooking, reduce heat, put lid on and put on simmer for 15-17 minutes. Let cool tunil everything else is ready
- Step 2 Meanwhile preheat oven to 200 C, peel sweet potatoes, cut into little quarters and cover with 2 Tbs olive oil. Line baking tray with parchment paper and add sweet potatoes to it. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and soft
- Step 3 Peel an chop onion and garlic, wash mushrooms and heat up 2 Tbs olive oil in a frying pan and fry onion and garlic until translucent. Now add the mushrooms and fry all until mushrooms are golden brown. That takes about 10-15 minutes
- Step 4 Chop herbs, wash and dice tomatoes and add all to a big bowl
- Step 5 Add all ingedients for the avocado-lime dressing to a blender and blend until smooth. Add one more spoon water if needed. Afterwards season with salt and pepper
- Step 6 When mushrooms, quinoa and sweet potatoes are ready, add all of them plus the tomatoes and herbs to the big bowl and mix well
- Step 7 Serve with avocado-lime dressing and enjoy