Chocolate and tahini mind sound like a weird combo to some of you but once you tried it, you
will fall for it! I was one of those people who could not imagine it tasting anything delicious together but I was wrong.
Goodbye peanut butter and jelly and hello chocolate & tahini I would say 🙂
This is the perfect recipe for anyone who craves something sweet and healthy. The bars are super easy to make and I usually have all of those ingredients at home anyways. If you prefer to make your own chocolate coating that’s fine too and even healthier.
I used white tahini which is my favorite because the sesame flavor is not too strong. You could use the darker and roasted tahini too though.
Tahini Chocolate Bars
- 200g soft dates
- 2 Tbsp white tahini
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 40g cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Tahini Layer:
- 3 Tbsp white tahini
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Chocolate Coating:
- 150g dark (75%-85% chocolate)
- 1Tbsp coconut oil
- Step 1 Add all ingredients for a the base to a food processor and blend until sticky and crumbly.
- Step 2 In case it is too wet,use a paper towel to remove some of the oil.
- Step 3 Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and press base onto the bottom.
- Step 4 For the tahini layer simply mix together the tahini and maple sirup and stir until smooth, spread over base evenly
- Step 5 Put the loaf tin into the freezer for an hour and before taking out, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water together with coconut oil.
- Step 6 Cut the bars with a big, sharp knife and coat each bar with chocolate by using two forks.
- Step 7 Put the bars into the freezer for another 15 min and enjoy.