I love love love tiramisu with all my heart. I have loved it before my vegan journey and I am thrilled that there are even a few vegan varities, that taste pretty great.
These truffles make the perfect gift for all your friends and family, that have a sweet tooth. They are so easy to make and have such an amazing taste, you might eat them all up before giving them to anyone, so make sure you have double the ingredients at home.
- 100g almon meal
- 150g cashews, soaked for 2-3h in warm water, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 3 tbsp vegan cream cheese or vegan mascarpone
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 60ml coconut oil
- 200g vegan chocolate or homemade chocolate glaze ( 2 tbsp maple syrup, 50g melted cocoa butter, 3-4 heaped tbsp cocoa powder)
- Step 1In a medium bowl blend cashews, cream cheese, coconut sugar, coconut oil and almond meal by using an immerson blender until smooth.
- Step 2Put bowl into the freezer for 20-30 minutes, so the mixture is easier to firm.
- Step 3Use hands to make 7-9 truffle balls.
- Step 4While melting the chocolate, put the truffles into the fridge, so they stay firm.
- Step 5Once the chocolate is melted, add the espresso powder to it and stir well trough. Use two spoons, to coat the truffles with chocolate.
- Step 6Put into the freezer for another 15-20 minutes and roll truffles on a flat plate through some more cocoa powder if you like. Enjoy.