This easy pasta recipe has to be one of my very favorites. It is so easy to make, we all love it and it is also great on the budget.
The gremolata gives this simple tomato pasta such a nice, zesty touch, you will love it.
Gremolata is something that fits almost every dish and in case you have some „boring“ dinner, you can always pimp it up with some quick and easily made gremolata.
Tomato Pasta with Gremolata and Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes
- 500g spaghetti or bucatini noodles
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp chili flakes
zest of two lemons
juice of one lemon
1 clove garlic, pressed through garlic press
2 tbsp olive oil
10-12 medium size, ripe cherry tomatoes
1-2 tbsp creamy balsamic
salt and pepper
- Step 1Cook noodles in water and crushed tomatoes until the liquid has absorbed and the pasta ia al dente.
Make sure you stir well from time to time, so the pasta does not get burned.
- Step 2 While the noodles are cooking,preheat oven to 200 Celsius cut, tomatoes into halves, coat them with olive oil, season them with salt and pepper and drizzle balsamic on top and bake in the oven for 20-25 min
- Step 3 Wash and chop parsley, grate lemon zests and press garlic through garlic press. All all to a bowl including the chili flakes, juice of one lemon and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Step 4 Once the pasta is ready, put some of the gremolata and a few tomatoes on top and enjoy.