This is my favorite vegan mayo recipe so far and I have tried quite a few.
What I love the most about this recipe is, that it is a basic you can use for all kinds of dips and sauces. If you add 2tsp nutritional yeast to it and half an orange bell pepper (oven roasted), you will have a cheesy kind of sauce.
We eat this mayo with fries, veggies or even as a spread on some bread. This vegan mayo recipe is a winner for the whole family. I personally love to mix it with homemade ketchup a little.
Vegan Cashew Mayonnaise
- 100g soaked cashews (at least for 4h), drained and rinsed
- 70ml filtered water
- juice of a lemon
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed through garlic press
- 1 tsp salt
- 100ml good quality olive oil
- Step 1 Add all ingredients except the olive oil to a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Now slowly add one tsp olive oil at a time into the still slowly blending blender
- Step 2 The mayo can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days in an air tight bottle or container.