To be very honest with you guys, I have never tried the regular clotted cream. I discovered the cream and even scones when I was already vegan but I loved the look of it, that creamy consistency and that jam on top..yum…!
So I tried to recreate a similar consistency and hope it tastes similar to what the original does. Would be great if you could let me know if this version needs some more work or is acceptable like that.
Vegan Clotted Cream
- 40g vegan butter
- 2 Tbs powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs vegan cream cheese
- 3 Tbs coconut cream (the thick, upper part of the coconut milk in a can) * make sure you had the coconut milk in the fridge for at least 4 hours
- Step 1In a medium bowl combine everything except the coconut cream.
- Step 2Use a handmixer until creamy and smooth.
- Step 3Now slowly add coconut cream and mix until no more lumps are visible.
- Step 4refrigerate for 2 hours before serving with jam and scones.