I am honestly not sure what to say other than GET INTO YOUR KITCHEN AND MAKE THESE PUUUHLEASE! They are so good, the consistency is amazing an I am definitely considering marrying those.
My whole family was all over these cute cookie dough bites and the combination of salt and chocolate is nothing we have to talk about, right? They are made for each other and this is pretty much how it tastes too.
It just feels right! And no you don’t have to stop after one bite, fill your belly with these because they are not only glutenfree but also refined sugar free and your kids will just love your for that.
The chocolate layer should be creamy but not too thick but also not too runny. In case it is too runny, add one more Tbsp nut butter and if it is too thick just add more maple syrup or coconut oil.
Vegan Salted Cookie Dough Bites
- Cookie Dough Layer
- 300g almond flour
- 5 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 110 ml maple sirup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 heaped Tbsp. almond or cashew butter
- 50g vegan dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa)
- Chocolate Layer
- 100g vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. cashew or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 ½ Tbsp.maple sirup
- sea salt flakes for topping
- Step 1In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients for the cookie dough base, chop chocolate roughly into pieces and set both aside.
- Step 2In a jar or small bowl mix together wet ingredients and pour them into the dry ones. Mix with a spoon or with hands until it becomes a dough.
- Step 3Now fold in chocolate pieces.
- Step 4Line a pan with parchment paper and press dough firmly into a baking dish, flatten with your hands. Place in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- Step 5Meanwhile, make chocolate layer. Melt your chocolate, nut butter, coconut oil.and maple syrup until combine and smooth (that might take a few min to stir).
- Step 6Pour your chocolate topping over your cookie dough, sprinkle sea salt on top and place in the fridge to set, 1 hour.
- Step 7Cut into squares