This pasta salad will definitely rock your BBQ or summer party. It has all those lovely italian flavors and is also super creamy.
I have absolutely no doubt, that at least half of your friends will be asking you for the recipe because it is just too good not to!
Besides the fact, that everything that contains pine nuts, fresh basil and sundried tomatoes has to be a hit, the creaminess that comes with the cashews is addictive.
In case the cashew-basil sauce does not seem smooth enough, add 1-2 tbsp water and blend it up a few seconds more.
The recipe for the vegan parmesan can be found here.
Vegan Pasta Salad with Basil-Cashew Cream
- 350g gluten free pasta
- 300g fresh basil
- 100g pine nuts
- 150g cashews, pre soaked in water von at least 3 hours
- 3 cloves of garlic olive oil to cover them
- 80ml water
- 10-12 sun dried tomatoes in oil ( one glass should work)
- salt and pepper to season
- optional :
- more basil to garnish
- cashew parmesan
- Step 1Bring water to a boil and cook noodles and preheat oven to 200 C.
- Step 2Meanwhile peel garlic and put the cloves in a small baking dish, covering it up with olive oil.
- Step 3Roast garlic cloves in the oven until they are golden (takes about 10-15 min but you need to check on it from time to time because every oven is a bit different)
- Step 4While garlic is roasting, heat up a pan on high heat and add pine nuts. Roast until slightly golden. Set aside.
- Step 5Once garlic is ready, add it together with the olive oil to a highspeed blender together with the cashews, basil and water.
- Step 6Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Step 7Pour basil-cashew sauce to a big bowl and add noodles and all other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with more basil and cashew parmesan.