When I think of scones, I think of breakfast in bed, singing birds and sunshine. I usually get into the scone-mood soon as spring arrives and love to play with different fruits and flavors.
There are so many possibilities with these little beauties and I hope you get creative in your kitchen, adding whatever flavors you like.
For example dried fruits, nuts, herbs like rosemary or maybe even cocoa powder and make them little chocolate scones?
Maybe you could fill them with jam or nutbutter? Endless options, I tell ya!
I used a few times powdered sugar for this recipe, so in case you don’t have castor sugar, you can easily replace it with powdered sugar.
Either way you will fall in love with these vegan scones, I am sure of that.
- 475g all-purpose flour
- 70g castor sugar
- 75g vegan butter, cold
- 250ml almond or any other plantbased milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180 C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a food processor with knead function blend together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar (I usually pulse it 3-4 times)
- Step 3 Now add the butter and blend until dough gets a little crumbly.
- Step 4 Carefully add the almond milk while food processor is blending until dough forms.
- Step 5 Put a little flour to the kitchen surface and knead dough for a minute.
- Step 6 Shape with your hands into small balls (should have the size of half a hand) and after putting them onto the baking tray, push each ball carefully a little with one hand down, to give it a more flat shape.
- Step 7 Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 8 Serve with clotted cream and / or fruits / jam.