This is not the healthiest recipe as it contains brown sugar and wheat BUT it is vegan, so you can eat 1-2 pieces and still be in peace with this world :-p
I never in my life had a triple anything but I knew that if I ever do, it has to be chocolate! This recipe is so so so easy to make and your family and friends will love ou for bringing this cake and it will be gone within minutes, promise!
This cake is super rich as you can imagine being triple chocolatey, so you might want to cut the pieces a little smaller than you would usually do.
I topped the cake off with some blueberries but you are free to top it with whatever you like or even leaving the topping out, that is up to your personal taste.
Enjoy this goodie and let guilt take a break 😉
*for this cake is used a 26cm cake tin (springform)
Vegan Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Crust :
- 400g all purpose flour
- 150g brown sugar
- 250g vegan butter
- 50g raw cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 800g Alpro Quark or you could also use Soy Yoghurt
- 80g vegan butter
- 100g dark chocolate (dark chocolate is usually vegan)
- 150g brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Step 1 Grease cake tin with a bit of coconut oil or vegan butter and sprinkle some flour on the bottom.Give the cake tin a few shakes so the flour spreadd evenly on the bottom of the cake tin.
- Step 2 In a big bowl mix together ingredients for the crust and knead with hands well until dough is smooth. Shape dough to a big ball and put it into the middle of the cake tin, then use your fingers to spread the dough evenly on the bottom and around the edges for a crust ( you want the crust as high as possible, so it holds the filling).
- Step 3 Preheat oven to 200 Celsius. Melt chocolate over boiling water, melt butter in a sauce pan and add chocolate together with all other ingredients for the filling in a bowl and stir well until everything is smooth and lump free.
- Step 4 Pour filling into the cake tin and over the crust., bake for 30-35 and make sure the filling has hardened up. It doesnt have to be stone hard, it is ok if it is still a bit softer in the middle.
- Step 5 Let the cake cool down completely and once it has cooled, prepare glaze by melting chocolate again over boiling water and add maple syrup and coconut oil to the chocolate. Mix well and pour over the cake ( the cake should still be in the cake tin) and put the cake into the freezer until glaze has hardened up. Top with fruits, enjoy.