This quinoa salad is very addictive and in case you are not into quinoa, this one will change your mind. I love cooking with wine because it gives sauces such an elegant and exquisite taste.
To be honest, this was my first time using Marsala wine and I am completely in love with it. I bought a tiny bottle at the grocery store and think the price was not as bad as I thought it would be.
Cherry tomatoes at season are my favorite but even not in season they are very lovely and sweet when cooked. 90% of the time I put them into the oven with some olive oil and balsamic but for this recipe, I replaced the balsamic with Marsala wine and I hope you love it as much as I do.
White Bean-Quinoa Salad with Marsala Tomatoes
- 60g quinoa, cooked
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp Marsala wine
- 2 hands full of arugula
- ¾ can white beans
- 100g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220 Celsius. Wash tomatoes and add them, plus the wine and olive oil, into a baking dish. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Step 2Put the tomatoes into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until they get soft and break.
- Step 3In a medium bowl add semi warm and cooked quinoa, white beans and arugula. Once the tomatoes are ready, take them out of the oven and add them to the quinoa bowl including all the liquid that is left.
- Step 4Mix with a spoon carefully and top with macadamia nuts when serving.